In a previous Collect post, we spoke about the Testimonies, particularly Simplicity. Today, we might think about Integrity.
Integrity is the ability to act in ways that are consistent with the values, beliefs, and moral principles we hold. It’s about doing the right thing, even when no one is watching; and about courage, honesty, and respect in one’s daily interactions.
Have a think about the quote below and then talk about the questions set out underneath the quote:
“INTEGRITY IS NOT A CONDITIONAL WORD. IT DOESN’T BLOW IN THE WIND OR CHANGE WITH THE WEATHER. IT IS YOUR INNER IMAGE OF YOURSELF, AND IF YOU LOOK IN THERE AND SEE A MAN WHO WON’T CHEAT, THEN YOU KNOW HE NEVER WILL.” John D. MacDonald
· Describe a person you know or have learned about who has integrity. What do you most admire about that person? Why?
· How does integrity affect the quality of our lives and the lives of others?
· Can a person live a life of integrity at all times?
· What skills do to you possess that help you live with integrity? (courage, honor, honesty, respect for others, responsibility, restraint) What skills would you like to improve on?
· In what ways could your integrity positively help other people?