Last week we showed you two videos featuring interesting ways in which teamwork can be used.
Another Quaker testimony which is close to our hearts is Stewardship. Stewardship is about taking care of something one does not own. Watch the inspiring video below to see how important it is to care for our beautiful planet:
You can do lots of great things for the earth. Read the list below of actions you could take to become a better steward of the Earth.
· Recycle Cans, Bottles, and Paper: Save them at home and at school, and help your family recycle them or reuse them;
· Help Keep the Air Clean: Ride your bike, scoot or walk to school, if possible;
· Save Paper: Use both sides of your paper at school and at home. To clean up messes, use sponges or washable cloths instead of kitchen paper;
· Help Save Water: Turn off the tap while you brush your teeth!; and
· Help Save Energy Turn off the lights when you leave a room. Turn off the TV when you’re finished watching it.
Many of these tips are tips we have learned through our Green Schools programme. Can you think of any more ways we can improve as the Earth’s stewards?